Monday, November 19, 2012

Stephen's Visit from Qatar: Day 1 Part 1: Dead Sea

A couple weeks ago we were blessed to have Michael's brother come to visit us.  It wasn't too far of a trip for him as he currently has a study abroad in Doha, Qatar.  We both had time off for an Islamic holiday so it was a perfect time for his visit.  All the places we took him were new to us too.  It was quite an adventurous few days.  First day was the Dead Sea:
Stephen was almost too skinny even to float in the Dead Sea. 
 There's Israel in the background.  It was a beautiful day. 
 I think I could have spent all day there.  First of all it was amazing to be able to float practically on top of the water.  Secondly, the water was so soft dense at the same time.  My skin felt amazing after our dip.  It was quite relaxing.  Just don't open your mouth, or your eyes.  It really was the nastiest thing I had ever tasted.
 We all had a blast here, acting like little kids.  We might even start our own Olympic Dead Sea Synchronized Swim Team.  You should have seen our routine; quite professional. 
 These boys are standing straight up in the water, but not on any ground.  Just floating! 
 Look ma! No hands! or feet!
I exfoliated my feet right there on the beach.  Check out all that salt! 

After the boys had their fill of the oily, salty water we jumped in the swimming pools on location.  You would have thought we never learned how to swim, because it sure felt like it.  It was such an odd feeling to swim in normal water after so much time taking it easy in the Dead Sea.  We all sunk like rocks and were dead tired when we got out.  It was just too much work to tread water.  I would choose floating any day. 


Our Arab photographer trying to be artsy... I think. :)

It truly was the lowest place I have ever been in my life. (and that is in meters!)

No comments:

Post a Comment