Monday, November 26, 2012

Baby in My Belly!


Last night Michael felt the baby for the first time! Well, he felt a hard lump that I am pretty sure was the baby because after a little bit he moved and you couldn't feel that hard spot on my stomach anymore.  We were both giddy with excitement.  I think he is more excited than he thought he would be about having a little boy.  When the doctor told us, Michael's face just beamed with pride.  I'll never forget that look, it was priceless.

I am 17 weeks today!  This time is really going quickly and my belly seems to grow more every day.  This baby boy is sure riding low in there.  I can't stand to have anything on my belly and I wish I could just walk around pants-less all day, but Michael wont let me, and probably the police as well.  Darn.

I have the strangest dreams.  Last night I dreamed that my water broke but I didn't know it.  Michael called the doctor because he was worried about me and he said to come in right away.  I was in the hospital in labor for a week before I actually had the baby.  That whole week I was in something like a coma because I couldn't remember any of it.  The only part I remembered was the doctor putting the baby in my arms.  And it was a girl! I turned to Michael and asked what we should name her and he said, "oh, she already has a name. Cecelia Mae."  I was surprised, "What? We have never talked about that name, where the heck did that come from? I don't like it."  Then the doctor chimed in and said, "Well that's too bad because we have already done all the paperwork.  It is on her birth certificate and there is no way to change it."  Fine. Oh, and by the way, the doctor there was not actually my doctor.  When I asked where my doctor was, Michael said he had to go to a "live" birth.  Mine was just moving too slowly for him.  And another thing; even though she was 4 weeks early, this baby girl was born with a full set of teeth! I threw breast feeding out the window right away.  When mom came to visit me in the hospital she brought a place of broccoli and green beans (sounds about right)  and "Cecelia," just a few hours after birth, started gnawing on the green beans.  There was even more to it, but I will spare you the strangest details.  Everything was not how it should have been to say the least.  Hopefully things go a little better than in my dreams.

No comments:

Post a Comment