Friday, November 23, 2012

I am Blessed


Although it's been hard to get into the 'holiday spirt' around here, I have been able to reflect a lot on my blessings.  I remember when I was 8 years old Grandma Pat gave me a notebook, padded and mounted with gold fabric.  She told me it was a blessing book, meant only to list things we are thankful for and blessings we have.  I want to get back into that habit of recording my blessings and reminding myself that the Lord never leaves me.  So here we go:

I am thankful for:
  • A loving Heavenly Father who sent me to Earth so I could progress
  • A sweet and kind husband who has a strong desire to provide for our family and to be a good father
  • Latter-day prophets to guide and direct us
  • A warm house
  • A refrigerator
  • Clean water
  • Warm showers
  • A growing healthy baby boy
  • A pretty darn easy pregnancy so far
  • Apple Pie
  • Rain
  • Good books
  • Stretchy pants
  • Kind taxi drivers 
  • My eyesight
  • Colors
  • A beautiful Earth
  • Good feet
  • Good doctors
  • The Gift of the Holy Ghost and his constant companionship so long as I want it
  • Arab culture and what I have learned from it
  • My talents
  • Amy Bangeter and her kindness in letting us live here
  • Silence every once in a while
  • A pillow
  • Technology,  I think I would be a lot more homesick if I couldn't see and talk to my family over the computer 
  • Mike's good luck in Vegas! We are so thankful to have them here with us in a couple weeks.
  • A washer and dryer
  • All of my senses
  • My family, especially good parents who have raised me in the gospel and care about my eternal welfare
  • The scriptures
  • Testimonies of others
  • The missionary couples serving here in Jordan and their sacrifices
  • This adventure we are on
To be continued every day of my life (even if it's not written)...

A reminder to myself: Take an evaluation every day and realize how much the Lord blesses me.

D&C: 59:21
21 And in nothing doth man offend God, or against none is his wrath kindled, save those who confess not his hand in all things, and obey not his commandments.


We are off to dinner! Michael's boss, the principal of the school invited all the Americans over for a nice American Thanksgiving.  And tomorrow morning our BYU friends, the Garvins, are coming over to help cook and eat Thanksgiving dinner at our place.  I sure am thankful for kind people... and FOOD!

1 comment:

  1. oh gosh, you always manage to make me cry!!!! i need to go write in my book now! love you

    ReplyDelete